We are so glad you’re here! Fletcher’s Sterile Processing program admits students every Fall semester and is completed in two semesters. The program provides instruction on the duties and requirements of a sterile processing technician. Sterile processing is the cleaning and sterilizing of instruments and devices used in medical procedures.
Sterile Processing is a certificate program designed to train students as Sterile Processing Technicians to support the surgical team. The program is an 18-credit hour Certificate of Technical Studies (CTS) program that prepares students for employment in the medical field as sterile processors. Students will participate in instructor-led lecture and lab activities at Fletcher and perform clinical rotations in a hospital setting under the supervision of a preceptor. The program also prepares students to take the Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST) exam administered by the Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA).
Class Schedule: (subject to change)
- Fall semester lecture classes meet Monday-Thursday from 8:30-3:00.
- Clinical rotations begin late October and continue through the Spring semester.
- Dates and times for clinical vary depending on the clinical sites.
Acceptance to Fletcher Technical Community College does not guarantee acceptance into the Sterile Processing program. Seating is limited based on available clinical space. Students may submit applications at any time throughout the year. Acceptance into the program is on a first come first served basis pending all requirements below have been met.
In addition to the requirements of Fletcher Technical Community College, applicants must meet the following criteria to enter the Sterile Processing program:
- 18 years of age
- High School Diploma/HiSet/GED
- Completed Sterile Processing Program application
- Clear Background Check
- Negative Drug Screen
APPLICATIONS FOR FALL 2023 MUST BE RECEIVED BY JUNE 30, 2023 AT 4PM.
- Admissions Checklist
- Background Check Instructions
- Application for Admission
- Sterile Processing Curriculum
- Sterile Processing Student Handbook 2023-2024