Thank you for stopping by! The Electrocardiograph Technician program is one semester long. Seating is limited and is based on available clinical space.
The Electrocardiograph Technician is a noncredit program that prepares individuals, under the supervision of physicians and nurses, to administer ECG diagnostic examinations and report results to the treatment team. You will learn about basic anatomy and physiology, the cardiovascular system, medical terminology, cardiovascular medications and effects, patient care, ECG administration, equipment operation and maintenance, interpretation of cardiac rhythm, patient record management, and professional standards and ethics. The program also prepares students to take the Certified EKG Technician exam provided by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
Class start dates: (subject to change)
- January 17, 2023
- August 22, 2023
Acceptance to Fletcher Technical Community College does not guarantee acceptance into the Electrocardiograph Technician program. To apply to the Electrocardiograph Technician program, please complete the program checklist and application found under the links tab and submit to the Department of Nursing and Allied Health along with required documents.
Things to consider before applying to the Electrocardiograph Technician program:
- High School Diploma or GED/HISET
- Students must submit a background check clear of any felony conviction(s).
- Students offered admission into the program must pass random drug screen(s).
- Required immunizations are 2 MMR shots (measles, mumps, and rubella), a current tetanus – diphtheria (TD) shot within the last 10 years.
- Hep B series must be started.
- Flu vaccination or waiver
- Physical Exam
- Current TB test
- Covid vaccination or exemption
- Proof of health insurance coverage
The Electrocardiograph Technician program is a noncredit program. This is not a financial aid (FAFSA) eligible program. Students must pay tuition upon registration unless notified otherwise.
*All noncredit course tuition and fees are assessed by each class. Tuition, fees, and other charges relating to noncredit classes are not refundable unless the training course is canceled by the College. If the College cancels a class, then 100% of all College-assessed tuition and fees paid will be refunded for the canceled class.
- $900 + additional program specific costs (You can find the ECG cost sheet under LINKS for a breakdown of costs associated with the program)
If you are interested in applying to this program, please complete the following steps:
- Complete an admissions application to Fletcher Technical Community College (current/continuing Fletcher students do not need to submit another application) online here: APPLY. Select Healthcare as your program.
- Be fully or unconditionally accepted to Fletcher Technical Community College by completing all Admissions requirements. Admissions will notify you of your status via email.
- Complete and submit the “Application for Admission to Noncredit Nursing and Allied Health programs” found in LINKS below
**This program has a clinical component to complete the program. Please be advised that Fletcher’s Nursing and Allied Health faculty members work closely with many clinical sites to provide an optimal clinical experience for all of its students. Fletcher must follow policies and guidelines set forth by programmatic accreditation boards as well as hospital policies. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we must abide by the federal, state, local, college and health care facility mandates. At this time, your program completion date is dependent upon our ability to enter and complete training in clinical facility. Fletcher’s faculty and administration will work with all of our partners to complete clinical hours in a safe and timely manner when possible. We thank you for choosing Fletcher for your career goals and look forward to working with you to achieve success. We appreciate your flexibility as we continue to adapt.
- Application for Admission for Noncredit Nursing and Allied Health programs
- Background Check Instructions
- Noncredit ECG Curriculum
- Technical Standards
- Student Handbook
- ECG Cost Sheet