We are so glad you're here! Fletcher Technical Community College's Phlebotomy program provides an affordable and accelerated avenue to begin your career in healthcare. The Phlebotomy program is one semester long and is offered in each fall and spring semester.
Phlebotomy is the drawing and collecting of blood samples for testing in hospitals, medical facilities, or clinical laboratories. The Phlebotomy program at Fletcher provides instruction on venipuncture (drawing of blood from veins), basic anatomy, physiology, and infection control. Students participate in clinical activities in a hospital under the direct supervision of an instructor and preceptor. The program also prepares students to take the Certified Phlebotomy Technician exam offered by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA)
The application process is open year-round. Phlebotomy classes and clinical meet in person with the exception of the Medical Terminology class which is offered online only.
- Seating is limited based on available clinical space.
- Acceptance to Fletcher Technical Community College does not guarantee acceptance into the Phlebotomy program.
- Admission to the Phlebotomy Program is ranked according to completed application submission date.
- Admission requirements for the program can be found in the link below for the Phlebotomy Admissions Checklist.
- Federal Grants
- Student Loans
- TOPS Tech
- MJ Foster Promise Program
- Louisiana Workforce Commission
CURRENT PROGRAM OUTCOMES
|Graduation Year||Graduation Rate (of students entering the 2nd half of the Phlebotomy program)||Attrition Rate (in 2nd half of the Phlebotomy program)||Graduate NHA Rate||Graduation Placement Rate (includes employment in the field or continuation of education)|
The Phlebotomy Program achieved Approval Status in the Fall 2005 with the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Science (NAACLS), 5600 N. River Road, Suite 720, Rosemont, IL 60018, phone (773) 714-8880, fax (773) 714-8886, website: www.naacls.org.
- Admission Checklist
- Application for Admission
- Background Check Instructions
- Cost List
- Phlebotomy Curriculum
- Phlebotomy Student Handbook 2023-2024
- Technical Standards
- How to scan documents with an iPhone
- How to scan documents with an Android