Title IX of the Education Amendment Act of 1972 prohibits discrimination on the basis of sex in all areas of education programs and activities.
Sexual harassment, which includes acts of sexual violence and sexual assault, is a form of sex discrimination prohibited by Title IX. Fletcher is committed to ensuring all students feel safe and have the opportunity to benefit fully from education programs and activities.
Fletcher has adopted policies and procedures to be in compliance with the federal and state requirements related to the Title IX Act, the VAWA Act and the SaVE Act.
If the college is notified of sexual harassment or violence, we will:
- Take immediate and appropriate steps to investigate the incident
- Take prompt action to end the harassment and resolve the situation
- Take appropriate steps to prevent recurrence of future incidents
The Title IX coordinator has a responsibility to coordinate efforts to comply with its obligations under Title IX and the Title IX regulations. These responsibilities include coordinating any investigations of complaints received regarding sexual harassment, sexual assault or discrimination of any kind.
Title IX Coordinator:
Crystal Gienger, 1407 Hwy 311, Schriever, LA 70395. 985.448.7909, email@example.com
Title IX Confidential Advisors are defined below and are available for students needing Title IX assistance:
- Confidential Advisors are not investigators or victims’ rights advocates; they are a source of information and support, a liaison through the process for victims or the accused.
- Confidential Advisors are familiar with campus and legal processes and medical facilities.
Title IX Confidential Advisors:
- Jodi Duet, Schriever Campus, Librarian, 985.448.7946, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Briana Juneau, Schriever Campus, Assistant Director of Enrollment, Advising and Retention, 985.448.7942, email@example.com
- Ethan Guidry, Schriever Campus, Enrollment Specialist, 985.448.7923, firstname.lastname@example.org
All full-time employees have been designated as Responsible Employees to whom sexual harassment or assault can be reported. These employees have a duty to report violations of Title IX to a Title IX Coordinator.
January is Stalking Awareness Month. Please click here for more information.