- IT Helpdesk phone number: 985-448-7934 or submit a helpdesk ticket.
- The IT office is located at the Schriever Main Campus building, room 114
- Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Fletcher IT personnel are often out of the office working on support tickets. The best way to contact them is via a helpdesk ticket. If you call them, please leave a message.
- If no one is available in the IT department at that time, please see the library for assistance.
- Support tickets & voicemails that arrive outside of normal operating hours will be replied to as soon as reasonably possible on the following business day.
To logon to the computers on campus use the following format:
- Username: LOLA Username
- Password: Falcon+Birthday (mmddyyyy)
EXAMPLE: Birthday: April 4, 1985 = Falcon04041985
Forgot your computer password?
Reset your password and enroll in our password change software. Type in your username (LOLA username) and answer the following questions to reset your password.
If you are still experiencing problems after trying the Password Reset Service please contact IT to submit a help desk ticket or 985-448-7934. Please submit your ticket with a working email address.
Student e-mail and Canvas use your LOLA credentials.
Username: Same as LoLA username @my.fletcher.edu
Password: Same as LoLA password
- If you experience login issues please submit a student helpdesk ticket.
- If you are having issues logging into student email or Canvas, follow the instructions below:
- Go to LoLA
- Under the Help column, choose "I don't know my password"
- Follow instructions on screen. (You will be asked for your Social Security number and your birthday)
- It will ask to verify username. (Ensure that the system is finding the correct username)
- Once you have changed your LoLA password, log into LOLA. Your Canvas and email passwords should be updated.
If you are having issues with logging into student email please submit a student help ticket here to submit a helpdesk ticket or call 985-448-7934.
Need Canvas help? Visit the Fletcher Student Helpdesk!
Canvas supports the use of major Web browsers including:
- Internet Explorer 10 & 11
- Mozilla Firefox (versions 35 and up)
- Safari (versions 7 and up)
- Google Chrome (versions 40 and up)
- Flash (versions 15 and up)
Fletcher wants to ensure every student has the technology needed to succeed! Check out these student technology options below:
The Library Laptop Lending Program was started during COVID-19 to assist students with technology. Students are able to check out a laptop and carrying case/backpack included for FREE for an entire semester.
- Students have no financial implications, unless damage occurs to the laptop. Damages will be assessed, and charges added to the student accounts. Full details available in the Circulation Policy.
- Laptops come with carrying case/backpack and charger. Failure to return accessories will result in charges for the missing items.
- Students must agree to and electronically sign an Equipment Authorization Agreement.
- Laptop can be checked out for an entire semester and renewed if continuing on to the next semester*
- IT Support included for hardware and computer applications.
- Check out policies apply - (Circulation Policy)
*If a student is continuing and would like to renew they must renew the laptop in person for laptop inspection.
The Library also offers other electronic devices for checkout. Please visit the library, Library website, or call 985-448-7910 for more information.
Financial Aid Voucher
- Cap for vouchers is at $900 per semester for purchasing textbooks.
- Purchases can exceed $900, but the student is responsible for any amount over $900.
- Questions? Contact the Business Office at 985-448-7900
Pay later with flexible options
Pay in 4 interest-free payments
No impact on credit score and no late fee. Available for purchases of $30 to $1,500.
- Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 4.
- Complete your purchase with a 25% down payment.
- Use auto pay for the rest of your payments. It’s easy!
Pay overtime with PayPal Credit Shop online with a reusable credit line.
- Apply now and get a decision in seconds.
- Check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit.
- No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99+
Approved Buying Options
Option 1 - Everyday Laptop
Provides technology for everyday processes including Email, Microsoft Applications, and web browsing.
Option 2 - Mid-Range Laptop
This laptop is recommended for everyday use, but has higher hardware specs than Option 1.
Option 3 - Laptop Bundle
Provides technology with higher hardware specs with a wireless mouse and backpack included.
Option 4 - High-end Laptop
Provides required technology specifications for high end programs such as Drafting.
Students can bring their own device if they choose.
The IT department can support school related software and applications for BYOD. Please note all students/users who utilize Fletcher's WiFi will be required to abide by the IT Computing Resource Use Policy.
IT contact info:
- Student IT Helpdesk - submit a ticket
- Helpdesk Phone number: 985-448-7934
- Office 114 - Schriever main building
**Please note the IT department can NOT provide technical assistance for personal technology issues such as virus removal, hardware issues, etc. Support must be school related.
Many retailers and vendors offer student discounts. Check out these Student Discount Resources:
The Fletcher B1 Library offers an open computer lab to students.
The computer lab is located in the library on the main Schriever campus, room 128.
Please see the "Student Printing" section on FalconNet for student printing information.
As a Fletcher student, you qualify for Microsoft Office365 for free of charge. This allows students to install the latest version of Office on up to five PC or Mac computers and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and the iPad.
Office365 Apps Include:
- *Please note that Access and Publisher are available on PCs only. OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
Downloading Microsoft Apps
- Login into Office365.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the drop down box titled "Install Office"
- Choose Microsoft 365 Apps
- Many online assessments require observation by the instructor or an outside service. Observed exams are referred to as proctored exams. Online Proctored Exams: Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor is Fletcher’s online proctoring software.
Respondus LockDown Browser Student Resources:
- Click here to download Respondus LockDown Browser
- Respondus LockDown Browser Student Guide
- Submit a Respondus Support Ticket
- Respondus staff members generally respond to tickets within 24 hours, excluding weekends and U.S. holidays.
ConexED is a cloud-based platform for virtual student services and learning. It’s where students go to connect and engage with Enrollment Services, advising, tutoring, faculty, academic support staff, and each other. Students may be prompted to show official identification on screen as requested.
If you encounter a technical issue that requires assistance from a ConexED technical specialist, submit a support ticket and be contacted by a support specialist.
- At the bottom of the ConexED Support Center page, click submit a ticket.
- Complete the new case form and click Create Case.
- A ConexED Support Specialist will contact you during business hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-6PM CST.
- Please be sure to check their status page for any potential outages.
- If you are experiencing technical issues, please put in a ticket with ConexED's tech support.
Logging into ConexED:
- Students use their Fletcher email to sign on via Single Sign On.
- Click the "ConexED" button to the left or use this direct link.
- Click the Falcon circle button
- Sign in with your Fletcher student email address and LOLA password.
- If you are experiencing issues logging in please reset your LOLA password.
- If resetting your LOLA password does not work, please submit a Student IT Ticket or call the helpdesk at 985-448-7934.
Students may use the Fletcher WiFi called FTCCPublic
SmartNotice is an emergency notification system used by Fletcher Technical Community College to inform students, faculty and staff of an emergency situation via email, cellular text or telephone. It may also used as a method of communication during hurricane evacuations and college alerts.
**It will be your responsibility to log in and update necessary information or delete your account if you do not wish to participate.**
To register for SmartNotice or update your information:
On the first page:
- Enter your e-mail address (student e-mail = firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Under Do you have a password? Choose “No, I am new” & click the New User button
- Enter your information and click Continue
On the next page:
- Add your Contact Address if you choose to
- Add your Communication Methods Under Account Specifics choose “FTCC – Staff” for Faculty & Staff or “FTCC-Students” if you are a student.Click Verify Information & then Submit
Fletcher offers printing from designated campus computers and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) printing.
The wireless BYOD printing link can be found in the quick links section on FalconNet. View instructions on how to print.
Printing on Campus computer labs.
Printing is available in the Library Lab and the Tutoring Lab. View the 3-step instructions.
Fletcher Student Pay for Print Overview
- Each semester students will get a Free Quota balance of 120 pages = $12.00 credit.
- Once the free quota has been used students are responsible for paying to use campus printers.
- Prints cost 10 cents a page.
- Any funds added to your account will be carried over to each semester.
- Students can pay via credit/debit card online or pay cash at Fletcher’s cashier window at the Schriever campus.
- Student Printing is available in the library at the Schriever Main campus and at the Thibodaux campus in the front office
- View the Student Printing Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to print? 10 cents a page. Students are allotted a 120 free quota balance at the beginning of each semester.
- Where can I print? Fletcher Library & Academic Support Center located at Schriever Main campus.
- How do I add funds to my account? Please refer to the instructions.
- How can I check my balances? Check your balances.
- What if I have a problem and would like refund on my print job? There are NO refunds given for printing errors. Students are responsible for their prints.
Please remember to check your print job and use Print Preview!
Computing Resource Use Policy
As part of our strategic plan, Fletcher Technical Community College, acquires, develops, and maintains computers, computer systems, and networks intended for educational-related purposes. These purposes include direct and indirect support of instruction, research and service missions, administrative functions, student activities, and free exchange of ideas within Fletcher’s educational community. This policy applies to all users of Fletcher Technical Community College’s computing resources, whether affiliated with the institution or not, and to all uses of those resources, whether on campus or from a remote location. Fletcher management adheres to the Security Policy & Software License Compliance Policy #7.007 for the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Information Systems.
For purposes of the Policy Statement, the following definitions shall apply:
- Computing resources: Computers, printers, related hardware, licensed software, communications such as email, Internet access, video, and any other technologies owned by Fletcher.
- User: Any person, employee or student that uses any technology resource at Fletcher.
- Users of the institutions computing resources must comply with Fletcher Technical Community College’s rules and policies and with federal and state laws including but not limited to copyright, trademark, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act which prohibits “hacking” and similar activities.
- Users are responsible for obtaining the necessary authorizations before using the institution’s computing resources.
- Users are responsible for any activity originating from their accounts. Accounts and passwords may not be used by persons other than those to whom they have been assigned by the Information Technology Department.
- Users must not use computing resources to gain unauthorized access to remote computers or to impair or damage the operations of Fletcher’s computers or networks, terminals or peripherals. This includes but is not limited to, blocking communication lines, intercepting or sniffing communications, and running, installing or sharing virus programs.
- Users shall not obtain or use another’s logon id or password, or otherwise access computing resources to which authorization has not been validly given.
- Users shall not copy, install or use any software, data files or other technology that violates a copyright or license agreement. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Users shall not monopolize or disproportionately use shared computing resources, overload systems or networks with endless loops interfere with others’ authorized use, degrade services or otherwise waste computer time, connection time, disk space, printer paper or similar resources.
- Users shall not modify or reconfigure any component of computing resources without proper FLETCHER authorization.
- Users shall not accept payments, discounts, free merchandise or services in exchange for any services provided through use of the computing resources.
- Users shall not endanger the security of any computing resources or attempt to circumvent any established security measures, such as using a computer program to attempt password decoding.
- Users shall not transmit personal comments or statements or post information to newsgroups or Usenet that may be mistaken as the position of FLETCHER.
- Users shall not utilize computing resources to develop, perform and/or perpetuate any unlawful act or to improperly disclose confidential information.
- Users shall not install, store or download software from the Internet or Email to FLETCHER computing resources unless such conduct is consistent with FLETCHER’s academic, educational, and administrative policies or otherwise properly approved by FLETCHER. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Users shall not copy, impair or remove any software located on any computing resources or install any software on any computing resources that impairs the function, operation and/or efficiency of any computing resources. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Any user that has sensitive data located on a mobile device must encrypt this data for security purposes.
- Anyone granted access through FLETCHER’s Information Systems is deemed an employee or student for the purposes of this security statement and policy only.
- If you are unsure whether an action details a security violation, you should report it and discuss with Information Systems Personnel.
- Each employee and or student is responsible for the security of FLETCHER’s Information Systems.
- Each employee, student, or person accessing LCTCS’ or FLETCHER’s Information Systems is bound by the procedures, such as password and account logon procedures, detailed in the Security Policy.
- Each employee should lock his/her workstation by a form of screensaver password, or logout, when they are away from their workstation.
- Each employee should be aware of social engineering, the manipulation of employees to gain information for the purpose of perpetrating fraud or damage to the system.
- Each employee and/or student should be aware that LCTCS or FLETCHER personnel may monitor any and all activities without his/her direct consent or knowledge.
- Software inventory will be performed by the IT department annually in the month of January to ensure there is no unapproved software installed by users.
- User shall not transmit or participate in chain letters, hoaxes, scams, misguided warnings, pyramid schemes or any other fraudulent or unlawful schemes.
- Users shall not utilize computing resources, including the Internet and/or Email, to access, create, transmit, print or download material that is defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, harassing (including uninvited amorous or sexual messages), threatening, incites violence, or is offensive, such as slurs, epithets, or anything that may be construed as harassment or disparagement based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious or political beliefs or to access, send, receive, or solicit sexually oriented messages or images or any other communication prohibited by law or other directive.
- Users shall not send unsolicited mass mailings or “spamming.” Mass mailings to clearly identified groups for official purpose (for example, disseminating administrative announcements, notifying students of educational opportunities, or Fletcher organizations sending announcements to their members) are allowed.
Fletcher Technical Community College provides students with free wireless internet within the building for use with their personal computers. This wireless is unsecured and users are encouraged to use some type of encryption
Abuse of this policy:
The use of FLETCHER’s computing resources is a privilege, not a right. FLETCHER reviews and monitors its computing resources for compliance with policies, applicable laws and related directives, and discloses transactions to investigating authorities and others as warranted. Users should not have any expectation of privacy when using and storing information on FLETCHER’s computing resources, and FLETCHER specifically reserves the right to review and copy any data or other information stored on any computing resources, without notice to any User, by use of forensic computers or otherwise. Violations of this policy may result in penalties, such as terminating access to computing resources, FLETCHER disciplinary action, civil liability and/or criminal sanctions.
LCTCS and/or FLETCHER may monitor all usage of the Internet on or through computing resources and all other use of FLETCHER’s computing resources, including, without limitation, reviewing a list of any and all sites accessed by any User and all E-mails transmitted and/or received on any computing resources.
Proprietary Rights and Licenses:
Except as may specifically be agreed otherwise by FLETCHER, any and all software and materials contained on any FLETCHER computing resources is solely owned by FLETCHER, except to the extent that any such materials are licensed to FLETCHER by a third party vendor. Users are forbidden from taking any action that would be in violation of any standard license agreement for any software licensed to FLETCHER and contained on any FLETCHER computing resources, including without limitation, making any unauthorized copies of any such software. FLETCHER management adheres to the Security Policy & Software License Compliance Policy #7.007 for the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Information Systems.
Reference: LCTCS Software License Compliance Policy# 7.007
Self-enroll in Security Awareness Training. Learn how to protect yourself from phishing attacks, scams, etc.