We are so glad you’re here! Fletcher Technical Community College’s Practical Nursing program provides an affordable avenue to your nursing career. Fletcher’s Practical Nursing program can be completed in two years, which is great news if you are eager to begin your healthcare career.
The Practical Nursing Diploma Program consists of five semesters (64 credit hours) of classroom instruction, service learning opportunities, and supervised clinical activities in accredited hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care agencies including the learning community at Fletcher Technical Community College. The Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE) has approved this competency-based program.
The Practical Nursing Program at Fletcher Technical Community College located in Schriever, Louisiana is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3390 Peachtree Road, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000 www.acenursing.org. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Practical Nursing Program is Continued Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at https://www.acenursing.org/search-programs/
Fletcher Technical Community College admits a new clinical class into the Practical Nursing program once a year, only in the fall semester. Specific clinical application and admission requirements can be found in the program’s current Admission Guide. Students must review the Admission Guide prior to applying to the program. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before scheduling or withdrawing from courses. The requirements to the program are:
- Students interested in applying to the program must meet the following criteria:
- ACT test score: English 18; Math 18 OR
- ACCUPLACER NEXT GEN: Language (Writing): 250; Math (QRAS): 250 OR
- Transcripts proving credit for college level English and/or college level Math
- Contact the Testing Center for test dates
- Be 18 years of age
- 200-word writing assignment
- ATI TEAS exam (by invitation only)
- Must have high school diploma/HiSet/GED
- Louisiana State Police background check free of felony convictions
- Admission into the Practical Nursing program is based on the above criteria. Seating is limited. A student’s eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program. Fletcher Technical Community College does not maintain a waiting list. Applicants who are not admitted are welcome to reapply to the program the following year.
To apply to the Practical Nursing program, please follow the instructions in the Admission Guide.
- 2023 PN Admission Guide
- Application for Admission
- View instructions on how to obtain the required background check.
- Practical Nursing Curriculum
- LPN Refresher Course
- Scanning with an iPhone
- Scanning with an Android
- PN Student Handbook 2023-2024
- Program and Student Learning Outcomes
- Technical Standards
- Organization Chart
PN Program Coordinator