We are so glad you’re here! Fletcher Technical Community College’s Practical Nursing program provides an affordable avenue to your nursing career. Fletcher’s Practical Nursing program can be completed in two years, which is great news if you are eager to begin your healthcare career.
The Practical Nursing Diploma Program consists of five semesters (69 credit hours) of classroom instruction, service learning opportunities, and supervised clinical activities in accredited hospitals, nursing homes, and other health care agencies including the learning community at Fletcher Technical Community College. The Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE) has approved this competency-based program.
The Practical Nursing Program at Fletcher Technical Community College located in Schriever, Louisiana is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3390 Peachtree Road, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000 www.acenursing.org. The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Practical Nursing Program is Continued Accreditation. View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
Fletcher Technical Community College admits a new class into the Practical Nursing program once a year each fall semester only. The application deadline for the Fall 2022 class is Wednesday, May 25, 2022, at 4:00 PM.
Specific admission and application requirements can be found in the Admission Guide. Students must review the Admission Guide prior to applying to the program. Here are a few important things to note regarding applying to the Practical Nursing program:
- Students interested in applying to the program must meet the following criteria:
- ACT test score: English 18 Math 19 OR
- ACCUPLACER: Sentence Skills 74 Elementary Algebra 84 OR
- ACCUPLACER NEXT GEN: Language (Writing): 241 Math (QRAS): 250 OR
- Transcripts proving eligibility for ENGL 1000 and MATH 1103 or higher.
- Must have high school diploma/HiSet/GED.
- Louisiana State Police background check free of felony convictions.
- Seating is limited. A student’s eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the Practical Nursing Program.
Upon graduation, the student is awarded a diploma and is eligible to apply to take the licensure examination administered by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCLEX-PN). It is important to understand that successful completion of the practical nursing program does not guarantee eligibility to take the NCLEX exam. The NCLEX must be passed before starting practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- For any questions regarding the PN program, email email@example.com
- For any questions regarding testing, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 2022 PN Admission Guide
- Application for Admission
- View instructions on how to obtain the required background check.
- Practical Nursing Curriculum
- LPN Refresher Course
- Scanning with an iPhone
- Scanning with an Android
- PN Student Handbook 2022-2023
- Program and Student Learning Outcomes
- Technical Standards
- Organization Chart
Practical Nursing Instructor
PN Program Coordinator