Medical Clinical Assistant
We're so glad you're here! The Certificate of Technical Competency (CTC) in Medical Clinical Assistant can be obtained in only two semesters. The Medical Clinical Assistant program is a scholarship program offered in partnership with Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS).
The Medical Clinical Assistant program provides students with the knowledge and skills to perform noninvasive and peripheral examinations of the cardiovascular system at the request of physicians to aid in diagnosis and therapeutic treatments. The program includes instruction in reviewing and recording patient histories and clinical data, patient care, investigative and examination procedures, diagnostic procedures, data analysis and documentation, physician consultation, equipment operation and monitoring, and professional standards and ethics. The program also prepares students to take the Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam provided by the National Healthcareer Association (NHA).
A new class is admitted every fall semester only. Applicants to the Medical Clinical Assistant must meet minimum requirements as determined by Cardiovascular Institute of the South.
- Demonstrate quality patient care while maintaining safety.
- Perform venipunctures and electrocardiograms appropriately
- Communicate with patients and the health care provider while maintaining confidentiality.
- Perform duties of the office administrator including medical coding, opening and closing procedures.
- Identify medical laws and ethics that apply to practice
- Assist in processing laboratory specimens while maintaining infection control practices.
- Obtain a basic understanding in electrocardiogram monitoring.
- Application – active until November 18, 2022
- Medical Clinic Assistant Curriculum
- How to scan documents with an iPhone
- How to scan documents with an Android
Phone: (985) 448-5944