The Certificate of Technical Competency (CTC) in Medical Clinical Assistant is to provide students with the knowledge and skills to prepare them to perform noninvasive and peripheral examinations of the cardiovascular system at the request of physicians to aid in diagnosis and therapeutic treatments. The program includes instruction in reviewing and recording patient histories and clinical data, patient care, investigative and examination procedures, diagnostic procedures, data analysis and documentation, physician consultation, equipment operation and monitoring, and professional standards and ethics. CIP 510901
ALL APPLICATIONS MUST BE MAILED AND POST MARKED BY THE DUE DATE.
HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. EFFECTIVE MARCH 17, 2020.
The Medical Clinical Assistant program is a scholarship program offered in partnership with Cardiovascular Institute of the South (CIS). A new class is admitted every fall semester only. Program applications are available mid-March through the first week of June. Applicants to the Medical Clinical Assistant must meet minimum requirements as determined by Cardiovascular Institute of the South.
- Demonstrate quality patient care while maintaining safety.
- Perform venipunctures and electrocardiograms appropriately
- Communicate with patients and the health care provider while maintaining confidentiality.
- Perform duties of the office administrator including medical coding, opening and closing procedures.
- Identify medical laws and ethics that apply to practice
- Assist in processing laboratory specimens while maintaining infection control practices.
- Obtain a basic understanding in electrocardiogram monitoring.
Nursing & Allied Health