We are so glad you’re here! Fletcher Technical Community College’s Licensed Practical Nursing to Associate of Nursing (LPN to ASN) track provides an accelerated and affordable avenue to your nursing career. Fletcher’s LPN to ASN track can be completed in two years, which is great news if you are eager to begin your healthcare career. The clinical courses only require you to come to campus one day a week (Monday) and clinical is on Saturdays which allows you to work while you are in school.
The LPN to ASN track at Fletcher Technical Community College is a five semester, 70 credit hour program. The program consists of two semesters of pre-requisite general education coursework. The prerequisite courses are offered face-to-face days, evenings, or online.
The clinical portion of the LPN to ASN track consists of three semesters of online classroom instruction, laboratory skills and exam proctoring on Mondays, service learning opportunities, and supervised clinical activities on Saturdays in accredited healthcare agencies. Students are awarded 15 hours of credit with two years LPN work experience upon successful completion of the fall semester of clinical. The program has full approval by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing. Upon graduation, the student is awarded an associate degree and is eligible to apply to take the licensure examination administered by the National Council of Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). It is important to understand that successful completion of the Associate of Science in Nursing degree does not guarantee eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN exam.
All applications must be mailed and post marked by the due date of May 15, 2020.
Fletcher Technical Community College
Attn: Dept of Nursing and Allied Health
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
Hand-delivered on the following dates and times to the Schriever campus (address above)
Friday, May 8 (8am-4pm)
Monday May 11-Friday May 15 (8am-4pm)
Applications will NOT be accepted after May 15 by hand delivery for ASN or LPN-to-ASN.
Please click here for instructions on how to obtain the required background check.
Fletcher Technical Community College admits a new clinical class into the LPN to ASN track once a year, only in the fall semester. Specific clinical application and admission requirements can be found in the program’s current admission guide. Students must review the Admission Guide prior to applying to the program. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before scheduling or withdrawing from courses. Please note:
- The following 23 hours of Fletcher Technical Community College’s Curriculum must be completed by the end of the spring semester: BIOL 1140, 1150, 1160, 1170, 2030 (11 credit hours); ENGL 1010, 1020 (6 credit hours); MATH 1000/1100 or MATH 1160/1170, MATH 2100 (6 credit hours). Please see the Admission Guide for additional details.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum 2.75 GPA in those courses. For more information regarding GPA requirements, see the Admission Guide.
- PSYC 2120 must be completed by the end of the summer semester.
- Humanities and Fine Arts electives must be completed prior to graduation. Completion of these courses is recommended prior to clinical.
- All courses in the LPN to ASN track must be completed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- A minimum score of 75% is required in the following sections of the Health Education System, Inc. (HESI) Admissions Assessment Test (A2): Anatomy/Physiology, Reading, Math, Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Admissions into the ASN program is based on GPA and HESI A2 scores. Seating is limited. A student’s eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical component of the LPN to ASN track. Fletcher Technical Community College does not maintain a waiting list. Applicants who are not admitted are welcome to reapply to the program the following year.
To apply to the Associates of Science in Nursing program, please follow the instructions in the Admissions Guide.