Drafting & Design Technology
The Drafting and Design Technology Program prepares individuals to develop and design technical drawings and plans used in construction, engineering, and manufacturing. The program provides students with instruction in fundamental manual drafting skills as well as training in several drafting disciplines using the latest technology of Computer Aided Drafting and Design (CADD).
Fletcher’s program prepares students for employment as Drafters and CADD technicians. Since all manufactured items and construction projects must be designed and drawn before production, drafting and design professionals are needed in many fields including:
1407 Hwy 311
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students who successfully complete the Drafting and Design Technology program will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of nationally recognized drafting practices and standards.
- Understand and apply visualization skills.
- Understand and apply dimensioning standards.
- Produce accurate technical drawing using computer-aided drafting software.
- Produce hard copies of technical drawings using reproduction tools such as printers, plotters, and etransmission.
- Demonstrate skills and abilities in various drafting fields such as structural steel, piping, architectural, civil, and manufacturing.
- Consult and utilize reference materials to produce accurate technical drawings.
- Communicate effectively using written and spoken English language to produce clear, concise, and coherent documents and demonstrations relevant to drafting and design technology.
- Perform basic mathematical functions used to solve drafting and design-related problems.
DEGREE PROGRAM OPTIONS
Dean Pitre, Instructor
Phone: (985) 448-7948