Air Conditioning and Refrigeration
The purpose of this program is to provide specialized classroom instruction and practical shop experience to prepare students for employment in a variety of jobs in the field of heating, air conditioning, and refrigeration. The Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program prepares individuals to install, diagnose, repair, and maintain the operating condition of domestic, residential, and commercial heating air conditioning, and refrigeration systems. The HVAC/R program is accredited by the Committee on HVAC Excellence.
1425 Tiger Drive
PROGRAM LEARNING OUTCOMES
Students who successfully complete an Air Conditioning and Refrigeration program will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of mathematical principles needed to install and troubleshoot HVAC equipment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the proper refrigerant handling techniques.
- Explain the principles of the refrigeration process.
- Diagram, install, and troubleshoot electrical devices and circuits as applied in the HVAC industry.
- Install and troubleshoot domestic air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of how to design, troubleshoot, and install residential air conditioning, gas heat, electric heat, heat pumps systems according to industry standards and practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of industry safety procedures.
DEGREE PROGRAM OPTIONS
Mike Robison, Instructor