Thank you for your interest in the Associate of Science in Criminal Justice. This program is offered 100% online in the 8-week session format. If enrolling full time, you can complete your Associate Degree in two years. Scholarships are available!
The Criminal Justice program prepares individuals to pursue career opportunities in law enforcement and focuses on the interrelationship between crime, the criminal justice system, and society as a whole. Students will study the components and processes of the American Justice system including criminology and human behavior. The program also provides a course of study for students intending to transfer to a four year college or university as criminal justice majors. CIP 430107
student learning outcomes
Students who successfully complete the Criminal Justice program will be able to:
- Apply critical thinking abilities to modern criminal justice processes and policies.
- Articulate the role, function, and mission of police in the criminal justice system.
- Blend ethical concepts into modern criminal justice practices.
- Exhibit an understanding of the impact of policing, courts and corrections on the individual, society, and the community.
- Identify proper patrol, investigative and case preparation techniques.
- Explain the purpose and function of the criminal court system to include the pre-trial and post-trial process.
- Discuss the principles of organization, administration, and functions of criminal justice agencies
salary & career outlook
Graduates of the Criminal Justice program may be employed in:
- Parish, local and municipal police departments
- State police
- Correction agencies
- Court systems
- Other public and private agencies