The Certified Line Worker Training Program will provide the necessary foundation for you to begin your line worker career as a helper / apprentice for an electric utility company.
Next class dates: August 3, 2020 through December 14, 2020 (includes CDL training). Total of 19 weeks.
- Obtain NCCER Certification
- Be qualified for employment as a line helper
- Receive job placement assistance
Program Applicants Should Be:
- Willing and able to work in adverse and inclement weather conditions (heat/humidity, cold, light rain, etc).
- Able and willing to work extended hours and away from home if needed depending on work assignments and/or storm restoration (opportunity for overtime).
- Able to carry 50 lbs. or more for extended periods of time.
- Able to read and write at 9th grade level or above.
- Drug free and be willing to submit to a pre-program drug screen and periodic random drug screening.
- Willing to refrain from the use of drugs or alcohol that may impair your ability to work safely.
- Willing to submit to a background check that verifies your education, driving records and criminal history.
BP Integrated Production Technologies Building