Frequently Asked Questions

Address Change


  • How do I update beneficiaries for retirement and life insurance?
    Contact for appropriate forms.

Direct Deposit

Educational Assistance


  • Where are the jobs listed?  
    Visit our online application site by clicking "JOIN OUR TEAM" at

  • How can I check my application? 
    There is a gray Application Status button on the top right of the application site. Click on that and it's a link to log back into the system as an applicant. 

FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act)

  • How do I apply for FMLA?
    Contact to obtain appropriate paperwork.  Once paperwork is completed by your physician, submit to and notify your supervisor.


  • What is the effective date of insurance coverage for new hires and transfers?
    The effective date of coverage for new hires whose employment begins on the first of the month will be the first day of the following month.  If employment begins on the second day of the month or later, coverage is effective the first day of the next month after 30 days of employment.  An employee who transfers employment should complete a transfer form within 30 days.
    Example:  If employment begins September 1, coverage begins October 1.
    If employment begins September 2, coverage begins November 1.
  • When am I able to enroll, change options and/or add dependents to a medical plan?
    You can enroll, change options and/or add dependents every year during annual enrollment (October 1 – November 15) or within 30 days of hire/qualifying event.  Enrollments or changes during annual enrollment are effective January 1st of the following year.  Contact for appropriate paperwork.
  • Why do I have to provide copies of marriage license/birth certificates for covered dependents on my health/life plan(s)?
    As of July 1, 2009, this is a mandatory rule of the Office of Group Benefits (OGB) in an effort to alleviate extra expenditures for non-dependent members.


  • Who is eligible to earn leave?
    12-Month Faculty/Staff earn annual and sick leave.  9-Month Faculty earn sick leave.  See Leave Accrual Chart.
  • How do I request leave?
    A job aid is available in LoLA under Trainings/Human Resources/Job Aids/LoLA Access Instructions for Entering Leave Request.  All requests must be made in advance when possible.  In the event the request is for the current pay period, your supervisor will inform you of their process.
  • How do I approve leave requests?
    A job aid is available in LoLA under Trainings/Human Resources/Job Aids/LoLA Access Instructions for Leave Request Approvers.
  • How do I access my leave balances?
    Leave balances can be located on your paycheck advice or in LoLA under Self Service/Employee/Leave Balances.
  • When will my leave category change?
    Please refer to Leave Accrual Chart.

LoLA (Log On Louisiana)

Name Change


  • When is payday?
    All employees are paid bi-weekly on Friday.  View the Holiday/Payroll Calendar to view paydays.
  • How do I access my paycheck advice?
    Paycheck advices are sent to your Fletcher email address the day before payday and can also be located in LoLA under Self Service/Employee/Pay Information/Pay Stub).
  • Where do I obtain an explanation of my paycheck advice?
    View Paycheck Advice Sample.
  • If I think my paycheck is incorrect, what should I do?
  • Why does my bi-weekly gross change at the end of semesters?
    Employees that receive adjunct contracts or overload contracts for the semester will have a change in their paycheck when contracts end. Refer to your contract.  This typically occurs the last month of each semester.
  • I am a new employee and I have not received a paycheck.
    A new employee is placed in the HR/Payroll System when all pre-employment requirements have been met, and all necessary paperwork has been received in Human Resources.  If you are unsure of your status, contact
  • I did not receive my paycheck, what should I do?
    Contact immediately so that a stop payment request can be processed.  A replacement check will be issued on the next regular pay cycle, pending receipt of the stop payment confirmation from the bank.


  • How do I pay for retiree premiums prior to deductions coming out of my retirement check?
    Contact for the payment amount. Checks shall be made payable to Fletcher Technical Community College and shall be sent within the first 2 weeks of the month. Human Resources will pay premiums on your behalf once payment is received. It typically takes 2 to 3 months for premiums to come out of retirement checks.
  • Can a retiree return to active status for the college?
    Yes, once the position you will be returning to has been determined, paperwork will be necessary to alert the retirement system that you are actively employed.  If returning in a part-time position, it is possible your retirement benefits will continue.  If returning in a full-time position, you will have to select from a list of options to continue or discontinue retirement benefits.
  • Can a retiree enroll in insurance if they did not elect to keep it at the onset of retirement?
    No.  You must select coverage prior to retirement date in order to have insurance as a retiree.
  • Can a retiree change retirement options?
    No.  The retiree is not able to change the retirement option selected, once their retirement date passes.



  • When is my electronic timesheet available?
    The first day of the pay period.
  • How do I complete and submit my timesheet?
    A job aid is available in LoLA under Trainings/Human Resources/Job Aids.
  • How do I correct/adjust my electronic timesheet after submission?
    Before deadline – Supervisor should return for correction.
    After deadline / Before approval – Supervisor should correct.
    After approval – Supervisor should inform HR as soon as possible.

Contact for more information.