Title IV – Gainful Employment Disclosures
GAINFUL EMPLOYMENT DISCLOSURE INFORMATION
Beginning July 1, 2011, the US Department of Education (USDoE) requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any program eligible for the federal government’s Title IV financial aid funds that prepares students for Gainful Employment (GE) in a recognized occupation that meets their criteria.
Effective January 1, 2017, institutions must use the Gainful Employment Disclosure Template developed by the Department of Education to disclose the required information about their GE Programs in order to be in compliance with the GE Program regulatory requirements.
The U.S. Department of Education specifically states that educational programs are Gainful Employment (GE) programs if:
- Non-degree programs, including all certificate programs, last one or more academic years. These include undergraduate, post-baccalaureate, graduate, and postgraduate certificate programs, but do not include certificates received as part of a degree program.
- Teacher certification programs result in a certificate awarded by the institution.
- “Comprehensive Transition Programs” are approved for students with intellectual disabilities.
For both domestic and foreign public and nonprofit institutions, the following do not require GE Program Disclosures:
- Programs that lead to a degree, including associates, bachelors, graduate, and professional degrees.
- Programs that are at least two years in length that are fully transferable to a bachelor’s degree program.
- Teacher certificate programs where the institution provides a collection of coursework necessary for the student to receive a state professional teaching credential or certification.
- Preparatory courses of study that provide coursework necessary for enrollment in an eligible program.
Fletcher Technical Community College is committed to providing current and prospective students with the information they need to make informed educational and career decisions. We hope the information provided is helpful to you. The information provided here is the best available to us and represents one year’s data only. If you have any questions regarding the data provided and what it means to you as a student, please feel free to contact the Office of Institutional Research and Effectiveness.
2019 Gainful Employment Disclosures for Applicable Programs
Accounting Technology – Certificate of Technical Studies
Automotive Technology – Technical Diploma
Business Technology – Technical Diploma
Drafting & Design – Technical Diploma
Electrician – Technical Diploma
Machine Tool Technology – Technical Diploma
Marine Diesel Engine Technician – Technical Diploma
Medical Coding/Insurance Specialist – Certificate of Technical Studies
Patient Care Technician – Certificate of Technical Studies
Phlebotomy – Certificate of Technical Studies
Practical Nursing – Technical Diploma