The Library Laptop Lending Program was started during COVID-19 to assist students with technology. Students are able to check out a laptop and carrying case/backpack included for FREE for an entire semester.
- Students have no financial implications, unless damage occurs to the laptop. Damages will be assessed, and charges added to the student accounts. Full details available in the Circulation Policy.
- Laptops come with carrying case/backpack and charger. Failure to return accessories will result in charges for the missing items.
- Students must agree to and electronically sign an Equipment Authorization Agreement.
- Laptop can be checked out for an entire semester and renewed if continuing on to the next semester*
- IT Support included for hardware and computer applications.
- Check out policies apply - (Circulation Policy)
*If a student is continuing and would like to renew they must renew the laptop in person for laptop inspection.
The Library also offers other electronic devices for checkout. Please visit the library, Library website, or call 985-448-7910 for more information.
Financial Aid Voucher
- Cap for vouchers is at $900 per semester for purchasing textbooks.
- Purchases can exceed $900, but the student is responsible for any amount over $900.
- Questions? Contact the Business Office at 985-448-7900
Pay later with flexible options
Pay in 4 interest-free payments
No impact on credit score and no late fee. Available for purchases of $30 to $1,500.
1. Choose PayPal at checkout to pay later with Pay in 4.
2. Complete your purchase with a 25% down payment.
3. Use auto pay for the rest of your payments. It’s easy!
Pay overtime with PayPal Credit Shop online with a reusable credit line.
1. Apply now and get a decision in seconds.
2. Check out with PayPal and choose PayPal Credit.
3. No Interest if paid in full in 6 months on purchases of $99+
Approved Buying Options
Option 1 - Everyday Laptop
Provides technology for everyday processes including Email, Microsoft Applications, and web browsing.
Option 2 - Mid-Range Laptop
This laptop is recommended for everyday use, but has higher hardware specs than Option 1.
Option 3 - Laptop Bundle
Provides technology with higher hardware specs with a wireless mouse and backpack included.
Option 4 - High-end Laptop
Provides required technology specifications for high end programs such as Drafting.
Students can bring their own device if they choose.
The IT department can support school related software and applications for BYOD. Please note all students/users who utilize Fletcher's WiFi will be required to abide by the IT Computing Resource Use Policy.
IT contact info:
- Student IT Helpdesk - submit a ticket
- Helpdesk Phone number: 985-448-7934
- Office 114 - Schriever main building
**Please note the IT department can NOT provide technical assistance for personal technology issues such as virus removal, hardware issues, etc. Support must be school related.
Many retailers and vendors offer student discounts. Check out these Student Discount Resources:
The Fletcher B1 Library offers an open computer lab to students.
The computer lab is located in the library on the main Schriever campus, room 128.
Fletcher offers printing from designated campus computers and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) printing.
The wireless BYOD printing link can be found in the quick links section on FalconNet. Instructions on how to print can be found here.
Students also have the availability to print on campus. Please see the information below about printing:
Fletcher Student Pay for Print Overview
- Each semester students will get a Free Quota balance of 120 pages = $12.00 credit.
- Once the free quota has been used students are responsible for paying to use campus printers.
- Prints cost 10 cents a page.
- Any funds added to your account will be carried over to each semester.
- Students can pay via credit/debit card online or pay cash at Fletcher’s cashier window at the Schriever campus.
- Student Printing is available in the library at the Schriever Main campus and at the Thibodaux campus in the front office
- Click here to view the Student Printing Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to print? 10 cents a page. Students are allotted a 120 free quota balance at the beginning of each semester.
- Where can I print? Fletcher’s library locations (Schriever Main campus & St. Charles campus) each have a Xerox for printing and copying. The IPT campus has a Xerox located in the student lounge.
- How do I add funds to my account? Please refer to the instructions found here.
- How do I use the copy machines in the library? Please refer to the Xerox copying instructions here. Librarians are also available for assistance.
- How can I check my balances? Click here to check your balances. Instructions are also available here.
- What if I have a problem and would like refund on my print job? There are NO refunds given for printing errors. Students are responsible for their prints.
Please remember to check your print job and use Print Preview!