Falcon Academy mission is to shift our youths’ focus to one of employment, empowerment and self-worth, making them valued members of the community.
We help teens realize their full potential and help them build a bright future.
Falcon Academy is a mentorship program that operates out of our Main Campus in Schriever. The academy Strives to divert juveniles from contact with the juvenile justice system. The program is funded through a grant offered by the Louisiana State Office of Juvenile Justice. Fletcher is the only college in the state that wrote for and received this grant.
- HiSET (formally GED)
- Job Training
- Life Skills
- Community Service
- College level courses
- Job Certifications
Falcon Academy offers meaningful connections with our dedicated mentors. We hold the inherent belief that these young adults have incredible potential for an amazing future.
Our Mission is to shift our youths’ focus from choosing criminal behavior for short-term gratification to a longer-term goal of education and employment by promoting each youth’s self-worth and self-esteem making them a valued member of the community.
AN EDUCATED COMMUNITY HAS LESS POVERTY, LESS CRIME, LESS ILLNESS.
WHAT WE INVEST?
Staff & Learning Materials
- WorkReady U, our Adult Education Program, to assist youth in achieving their high school equivalency diploma.
- Enrollment and Student Services staff to work with youth to enroll them in post-secondary education and/or workforce training and certifications.
- Dedicated mentors to provide guidance and motivation to achieve their goals.
Ongoing Mentorship, Training & Assessments
- Mentors establish an academic and personal relationship with youths and assess progress towards program completion (HiSET, diploma, certification, degree and/or employment)
Community Partnerships & Funding
- Fletcher capitalizes on strong partnerships with service providers such as START Corporation and the LA Workforce Commission and funding from previously secured grants and philanthropic foundations to provide materials and opportunities.
- Referred by the DA office or court system
- Be between the ages of 16-18
- Reside in Lafourche or Terrebonne Parish
- Offense must be non-violent in nature
- Status Offenses:
- Truancy, Runaways
- Curfew violations
- Underage Drinking
- Felonies (at the discretion of the program director)
- Must be facing potential prosecution
Assistant Director of Falcon Academy