Schriever Main, Office 127-A in Student Success Center
Welcome to the Fletcher Technical Community College Testing Center
Below are the links for the Fletcher Online In-house Placement exam we are currently using during COVID-19 as an online alternative for ACCUPLACER.
Things to note:
- You are only required to download the Respondus Lockdown Browser once on your device.
- You are only allowed 2 attempts at each exam
- The Student Version of LockDown Browser uses a standard Windows or Mac installer.
- You must install this to your tablet or computer. (PHONES CANNOT BE USED) This download link is unique for Fletcher: https://download.respondus.com/lockdown/download.php?id=542565467
- For students, there is a helpful article including video tutorials: How do I install LockDown Browser? https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/292/25/
- FOR STUDENTS NEEDING ACCOMMODATIONS: accessibility info can be found here https://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/187/0/is-lockdown-browser-accessible-to-those-with-disabilities
- For any questions regarding the PN program, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- For any questions regarding testing, email: email@example.com
The Fletcher Technical Community College Testing Center is the home of a comprehensive testing and assessment center designed to meet the needs of our students, community members, and business affiliates throughout the region.
Testing Center Location:
- Student Success Center
- 1407 Highway 311
- Schriever, LA 70395
- If you are more than 30 minutes late for an exam, you will not be allowed to test. For Fletcher Technical Community College instructor exams, you are responsible for coordinating a make-up exam with your instructor. For non-Fletcher Technical Community College instructor exams, you will forfeit your exam fee.
- If for any reason you have decided not to take an exam, you are responsible for notifying the Testing Center to ensure that we have space for another examinee.
- If you cannot take an exam at the scheduled time, due to illness, scheduling conflicts, etc., you must obtain written permission from your instructor in order to reschedule your exam. The Testing Center has no authority to excuse students from taking an exam.
- No food or drinks are allowed in the testing center.
- No personal belongings are allowed in the testing room, such as backpacks, purses, cell phones, iWatch, etc.
- You are not permitted to leave the Testing Center once you have begun an exam, except for bathroom breaks.
- For Fletcher Technical Community College instructor exams, arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your scheduled test time and check in with the Testing Coordinator. For non-Fletcher Technical Community College instructor exams, arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled test time and check in with the Testing Coordinator.
- At the exam start time, you must begin the exam. Studying in the waiting area instead of taking the exam is not allowed.
A student requesting academic accommodations must self-identify and register with the Assistant Director of Student Success at the beginning of each semester. The students must meet with the Assistant Director of Student Success before being eligible for receiving educational accommodations. At this meeting the student must provide proper and current documentation related to his/her disability. The documentation provided must meet the following guidelines:
- Documentation must be current and provided by a licensed professional qualified in the area of disability for which he/she is recommending accommodations.
- Documentation must be on letterhead from the said professional’s practice.
- Documentation must have been completed no more than 3 years prior to the date that the student submits a request for accommodations.
- Documentation should address the nature of the disability, as well as the recommended accommodations, and should describe how the specific disability impacts functioning in an academic setting.
- Documentation should address the specific diagnosis, tests used in making the diagnosis, and, when appropriate, test scores.
If accommodations are granted, all policies and procedures will be explained to the student. The student must sign a contract that states his/her approved accommodations and the rules for receiving accommodations. A copy of the contract will be provided for instructors explaining what accommodations the student is entitled to and options for providing said accommodations.
A student wishing to take his/her exams in the Testing Center must turn in an Accommodated Testing Form. All tests must be scheduled and confirmed at least 48 hours in advance of the test date with the Student Success Center. The student must take all exams at the same time that his/her classmates are testing unless there is a class schedule conflict or he/she has been granted permission to do otherwise by the instructor. If there is a conflict, the student must take the test by the end of the assigned test date. The student is responsible for obtaining all information needed during testing from the instructor. Test monitors will not provide tutoring or guidance during testing. Tests must be turned in to the test monitor at the end of the allocated testing time.
Developmental Course Placement Retesting Policy
Students who have successfully completed (with a grade of C or better) the developmental course into which they were originally placed on the basis of a placement test may re-test to see if they can bypass the next course level. Students should not re-test unless they are planning to register for the courses in the following semester.
The Fletcher Technical Community College Testing Center maintains confidentiality of documentation and test scores. This office will not release or discuss any part of the student’s documentation and/or test scores without the student’s consent. Test scores will not be given over the telephone. Students must come to the Testing Center with picture identification (driver’s license) to get a copy of their scores.
Fletcher Technical Community College Testing Center will not tolerate nor permit cheating. Any suspected evidence of cheating will be confiscated. Any examinee suspected of cheating may be questioned by Fletcher Technical Community College staff. While testing, Fletcher Technical Community College staff have the right to enter the testing center and circulate the room during the exam.
Testing Refund Policy
Fletcher Technical Community College has a no refund policy on testing fees. If you are unable to attend a scheduled test and contact the Testing Coordinator at least 24 business hours prior to your scheduled test, you can reschedule your test on a date and time when the Testing Coordinator is available.
Fletcher Technical Community College offers the following testing opportunities:
- Accuplacer ATB (Adult Education Students Only)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Certiport – Microsoft Office Systems
- The Health Education Systems, Inc., Admission Assessment (HESI A2)
- Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors
- ParaPro Assessment
- Psychological Services Bureau (PSB)
PROCTORING SERVICES: Fletcher Technical Community College offers proctoring services for non-Fletcher students. Students are responsible for coordinating test delivery with their instructor. Students are required to make an appointment by calling 985-448-7912. All testing takes place in the Student Success Center at 1407 Highway 311, Schriever, LA. The proctoring fee is $40, which is paid on test day.