Graduation and Commencement 2020-2021
UPDATED ON: MONDAY, May 3, 2021
2021 GRADUATION CEREMONY
Date: FRIDAY, MAY 21, 2021
**Graduates must arrive by 11:30am
Location: HOUMA – TERREBONNE CIVIC CENTER
346 Civic Center Blvd. Houma, LA 70360
- Students can invite six (6) guests; students who already picked up their tickets prior to this change (effective on May 3, 2021) may come to Student Affairs office 127 at the Schriever campus to pick up their additional tickets.
- Pick up times are Monday – Friday beginning at 8am – 4pm
- If you cannot make it to pick up your tickets, you may send a representative. However, you MUST fill out the ‘authorization to pick up’ form that is attached in this email.
- Everyone is required to have a ticket due to restrictions at the venue. Age is not an indicator! (Tickets are issued to graduating students at no charge.)
- BLUE tickets are for GRADUATES and GREEN tickets are GENERAL ADMISSION
To help with our planning efforts, please RSVP to the Commencement Ceremony
- Students should have already purchased a cap and gown through the ONLINE BOOKSTORE by APRIL 30, 2021. If you have not ordered yet, please do so ASAP.
- Please note: IN STORE PICK UP IS LOCATED IN NEW ORLEANS; if you select ‘in store pickup’ you will have to pick up at Southern University in New Orleans.
- The cost is approximately $50 for the cap, gown, and tassel. For females, a white collar is included with the regalia but is optional to wear.
- TASSELS: The photo on the website shows a 2020 tassel; please note that you will receive a 2021 tassel. If you would like to have a 2020 tassel, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that the cost is non-refundable and regalia is non-returnable.
Candidates for an associate degree, diploma, or certificate must fulfill the general requirements of the program of study in which he/she is enrolled. Candidates must complete these requirements with an overall grade point average of 2.0 or above on all work completed at Fletcher and all work accepted as credit toward the fulfillment of the program requirements. In addition, candidates for an Associate of General Studies must complete the concentration area with a 2.5 grade point average.
Candidates must complete all graduation requirements as stated in the College catalog available to students on the College’s website. Candidates who are completing the highest exit level available in the program from which they are graduating must complete an exit exam to be eligible for graduation. Graduating students must be free of debt to the college. Graduating students must be approved by the faculty advisor, respective academic dean, the Vice Chancellor of Academics, and the Registrar’s Office.
A student graduating in a summer or fall semester should complete and submit a graduation application by the November 5, 2020 priority deadline. A student graduating in a spring semester should complete and submit a graduation application by the April 19, 2021 priority deadline. If a student does not plan to participate in the graduation ceremony but wishes to receive a certificate diploma, or degree, he/she is required to complete the application.
Once a graduation application has been submitted, the submission will be e-mailed to the appropriate program coordinator to verify a student’s eligibility to graduate.
A graduation ceremony is held once a year – in May – for summer, fall, and spring graduates. Candidates who submit applications are notified of the commencement ceremony by email. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure that Student Affairs and Enrollment Services has his/her correct contact information. Candidates who wish to participate in the ceremony will need to purchase a cap and gown from the College’s bookstore.
Students are now able purchase their cap and gown online!
For more information, please visit our Frequently Asked Questions page