The Office Systems Technology program prepares students for a career in a business office environment utilizing oral, written, and desktop communications skills. The program includes instruction in business communications, public relations, scheduling and travel management, conference and meeting recording, report preparation, office equipment and procedures, office supervisory skills, professional standards, and legal requirements. Students will learn the necessary skills to work for business executives and top management. CIP 520401
The Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP) is a leading specialized accreditation association for business education — supporting, celebrating, and rewarding teaching excellence. ACBSP accredits business, accounting, and business-related programs at the associate, baccalaureate, master, and doctorate degree levels worldwide. Every quality business program worldwide is accredited.
- ACBSP promotes continuous improvement and recognizes excellence in the accreditation of business education programs around the world.
- ACBSP acknowledges the importance of scholarly research and inquiry and believes that such activities facilitate improved teaching. ACBSP encourages faculty involvement within the contemporary business world to enhance the quality of classroom instruction and to contribute to student learning.
- ACBSP offers an accreditation process uniquely focused on teaching excellence and student outcomes. And because the council believes ACBSP success is driven by the success of its members, ACBSP officers and members align those programs and the accreditation process to meet the individual needs of each member.
Fletcher’s Office Systems Technology program prepares students for employment as:
- Office clerks
- Customer service representatives
- Data entry clerks
- Administrative assistants
- Office administrators
For students interested in transferring to Nicholls State University to earn a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Computer Information Systems, a two plus two guide has been built to meet your needs. Please click on the FTCC Associate of General Studies Transfer Degree Program Handbook 2019-20 in the “links” section on this webpage for more information about this degree. Students can also reach out to a transfer adviser in the Student Success Center (room 127) located at the main campus in Schriever for more details.