Thank you for stopping by! Fletcher Technical Community College admits a new clinical class into the clinical component of the Cardiopulmonary Care Science program once a year each summer semester only.
The Cardiopulmonary Care Science program encourages and challenges students to develop critical-thinking and decision-making skills to improve their marketability and job security. First and foremost, however, the program fosters these skills to improve patient care. The program is dedicated to continuous quality improvement through systematic assessment of program outcomes.
Emphasis is placed on producing graduates to function as professionals in various venues wherein the practice of respiratory therapy occurs. The program strives to broaden the scope of practice by teaching students certain components of cardiovascular technology.
The Cardiopulmonary Care Science program at Fletcher Technical Community College is a six semester, 72 credit hour program. It consists of two semesters of pre-requisite coursework and four semesters of clinical. The prerequisite courses are offered face-to-face days, evenings, days; or online.
Graduates who receive this Associate of Science degree will be eligible to receive their credential through the National Board for Respiratory Care.
All applications must be mailed and post marked by the due date of May 4, 2020.
Fletcher Technical Community College
Attn: Dept of Nursing and Allied Health
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
Hand-delivered on the following dates and times to the Schriever campus (address above)
Friday, May 8 (8am-4pm)
Monday May 11-Friday May 15 (8am-4pm)
May 18–till further notice
Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 9am-3pm
Specific clinical application and admission requirements can be found in the Admission Guide. Students must review the Admission Guide prior to applying to the clinical component of the program. Here are a few important things to note regarding applying to the clinical component of the Cardiopulmonary Care Science program:
- The following 31 hours of Fletcher Technical Community College’s Cardiopulmonary Care Science Curriculum must be completed by the end of the spring semester.
BIOL 1140, 1150, 1160, 1170, (8 credit hours); ENGL 1010, 1020 (6 credit hours); MATH 1000/1100 or MATH 1160/1170, MATH 2100 (6 credit hours); PHSC 1000 (3 credit hours); CHEM 1010 (3 credit hours); CPCS 1010 (2 credit hours); PSYC 2010 (3 credit hours).
- Applicants must achieve a minimum 2.50 GPA in those courses and 2.0 overall GPA. For more information regarding GPA requirements, see program Admission Guide.
- All courses in the Cardiopulmonary Care Science curriculum must be completed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- Minimum composite score of 80% on the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Admissions Assessment Test (A2). Required components are: Anatomy/Physiology, Chemistry, Reading, Math, Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Admissions into the Cardiopulmonary Care Science program is based on GPA and HESI scores. Seating is limited to 17 students. A student’s eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical component of the Cardiopulmonary Care Science Program.
Programmatic outcomes are performance indicators that reflect the extent to which the goals of the program are achieved and by which program effectiveness is documented. Programmatic outcomes data reported on the CoARC website include:
- 3-year time period being reported
- CRT credentialing success
- RRT credentialing success
- Job placement
- Overall graduate satisfaction
- Overall employer satisfaction
- On-time graduation rate
- Total number of program enrollees
- Total number of program graduates
- Maximum annual enrollment.