Earn High School and College Credit Simultaneously!
Dual Enrollment is designed to give qualifying students the opportunity to receive high school credit/Carnegie units as well as transcribed credit from Fletcher Technical Community College upon successful completion of the course(s). These credits help students get a head start in their education and training before graduating high school.
Advantages of Dual Enrollment
- Complete courses that may not be offered at your high school.
- Enter college or a four-year university with college credit
- Credits at the college level may be transferable to other higher education institutions
- Save time and money
- Have access to college resources, facilities, and services such as advising, career counseling, and mentoring
- Must be at least 15 years of age
- Currently enrolled in 11th or 12th grade at a public or private Louisiana high school or Approved Home School
- Be eligible for courses per ACT scores or Fletcher placement test scores
- Be in good standing with your high school
- Permission from both high school and parents/guardians
- Enrolled in a college course for which dual credit (both college & high school credit) is attempted & recorded on both the student’s secondary and postsecondary academic record.
How to Sign Up for Dual Enrollment
- Meet with your high school counselor
- Decide whether you are interested in academic or technical training
- Review ACT test scores for eligibility
- Complete the dual enrollment application
- Return the signature page to your counselor by your school’s deadline