Incumbent Worker Training Program
The Incumbent Worker Training Program (IWTP) provides qualifying employers with grant funding to train their workforce. IWTP is a partnership between the Louisiana Workforce Commission (LWC), business/industry, and training providers such as Fletcher Technical Community College (FTCC). The IWTP is designed to benefit business and industry by assisting in the skill development of existing employees and thereby increasing employee productivity and the growth of the company.
- Must have been in business in the state of Louisiana for at least three years, contributing and in full compliance with state UI tax laws;
- Must have at least 15 employees to be trained (employers can form consortiums to meet this requirement); and
- Request training to either: a) prevent job loss caused by obsolete skills, technological change, or national or global competition; b) create, update, or retain jobs in a labor demand occupation; or c) update or retain jobs in an occupation which is not a labor demand occupation, if the administrator determines that the services are necessary to prevent the likely loss of jobs.
What can Fletcher do for you?
Fletcher Technical Community College provides the following services as your IWTP grant administrator:
- Guidance through every phase of the grant process
- Collection of all necessary paperwork
- Writing and submission of grant
- Monthly training monitoring – ensuring grant success
Dickson Road facility, Front desk