- IT Helpdesk phone number: 985-448-7934 or submit a helpdesk ticket here.
- The IT office is located at the Schriever Main Campus building, room 114
- Hours: 7:30am to 4:00pm
- Fletcher IT personnel are often out of the office working on support tickets. The best way to contact them is via a helpdesk ticket. If you call them, please leave a message.
- If no one is available in the IT department at that time, please see the library for assistance.
- Support tickets & voicemails that arrive outside of normal operating hours will be replied to as soon as reasonably possible on the following business day.
- Click here to submit a ticket.
To logon to the computers on campus use the following format:
- Username: LOLA Username
- Password: Falcon+Birthday (mmddyyyy)
EXAMPLE: Birthday: April 4, 1985 = Falcon04041985
Forgot your computer password?
Click here to reset your password and enroll in our password change software. Type in your username (LOLA username) and answer the following questions to reset your password.
If you are still experiencing problems after trying the Password Reset Service please contact IT here to submit a help desk ticket or 985-448-7934. Please submit your ticket with a working email address.
Student e-mail and Canvas use your LOLA credentials.
Username: Same as LoLA username @my.fletcher.edu
Password: Same as LoLA password
- If you experience login issues please submit a student helpdesk ticket here.
- If you are having issues logging into student email or Canvas, follow the instructions below:
- Go to LoLA
- Under the Help column, choose "I don't know my password"
- Follow instructions on screen. (You will be asked for your Social Security number and your birthday)
- It will ask to verify username. (Ensure that the system is finding the correct username)
- Once you have changed your LoLA password, log into LOLA. Your Canvas and email passwords should be updated.
If you are having issues with logging into student email please submit a student help ticket here to submit a helpdesk ticket or call 985-448-7934.
Need Canvas help? Click here!
Canvas supports the use of major Web browsers including:
- Internet Explorer 10 & 11
- Mozilla Firefox (versions 35 and up)
- Safari (versions 7 and up)
- Google Chrome (versions 40 and up)
- Flash (versions 15 and up)
As a Fletcher student, you qualify for Microsoft Office365 for free of charge. This allows students to install the latest version of Office on up to five PC or Mac computers and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and the iPad.
Office365 Apps Include:
- Please note that Access and Publisher are available on PCs only. OneNote for Mac is available as a separate download from the Mac App Store.
Downloading Microsoft Apps
- Login into Office365 here.
- In the upper right-hand corner of the page, click the drop down box titled "Install Office"
- Choose Office365 Apps
- Some Fletcher courses will require Respondus LockDown Browser for taking exams.
Respondus LockDown Browser Student Resources:
To view a Respondus Overview video click here.
- Operating Systems
- Windows: 10, 8, 7
- Mac: MacOS 10.15 to 10.12, OS X 10.11, OSX 10.10
- Windows: 75 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Mac: 120 MB permanent space on the hard drive
- Students may use the Fletcher WiFi called FTCCPublic
SmartNotice is an emergency notification system used by Fletcher Technical Community College to inform students, faculty and staff of an emergency situation via email, cellular text or telephone. It may also used as a method of communication during hurricane evacuations and college alerts.
**It will be your responsibility to log in and update necessary information or delete your account if you do not wish to participate.**
To register for SmartNotice or update your information:
Go to https://public.coderedweb.com/CGE/03E92AE7448D
On the first page:
- Enter your e-mail address (student e-mail = email@example.com)
- Under Do you have a password? Choose “No, I am new” & click the New User button
- Enter your information and click Continue
On the next page:
- Add your Contact Address if you choose to
- Add your Communication Methods Under Account Specifics choose “FTCC – Staff” for Faculty & Staff or “FTCC-Students” if you are a student.Click Verify Information & then Submit
Fletcher Student Pay for Print Overview
- Each semester students will get a Free Quota balance of 120 pages = $12.00 credit.
- Once the free quota has been used students are responsible for paying to use campus printers.
- Prints cost 10 cents a page.
- Any funds added to your account will be carried over to each semester.
- Students can pay via credit/debit card online or pay cash at Fletcher’s cashier window at the Schriever campus.
- Student Printing is available in the library at the Schriever Main campus and at the Thibodaux campus in the front office
- Click here to view the Student Printing Policy
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost to print? 10 cents a page. Students are allotted a 120 free quota balance at the beginning of each semester.
- Where can I print? Fletcher’s library locations (Schriever Main campus & St. Charles campus) each have a Xerox for printing and copying. The IPT campus has a Xerox located in the student lounge.
- How do I add funds to my account? Please refer to the instructions found here.
- How do I use the copy machines in the library? Please refer to the Xerox copying instructions here. Librarians are also available for assistance.
- How can I check my balances? Click here to check your balances. Instructions are also available here.
- What if I have a problem and would like refund on my print job? There are NO refunds given for printing errors. Students are responsible for their prints.
Please remember to check your print job and use Print Preview!
Computing Resource Use Policy
As part of our strategic plan, Fletcher Technical Community College, acquires, develops, and maintains computers, computer systems, and networks intended for educational-related purposes. These purposes include direct and indirect support of instruction, research and service missions, administrative functions, student activities, and free exchange of ideas within Fletcher’s educational community. This policy applies to all users of Fletcher Technical Community College’s computing resources, whether affiliated with the institution or not, and to all uses of those resources, whether on campus or from a remote location. Fletcher management adheres to the Security Policy & Software License Compliance Policy #7.007 for the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Information Systems.
For purposes of the Policy Statement, the following definitions shall apply:
- Computing resources: Computers, printers, related hardware, licensed software, communications such as email, Internet access, video, and any other technologies owned by Fletcher.
- User: Any person, employee or student that uses any technology resource at Fletcher.
- Users of the institutions computing resources must comply with Fletcher Technical Community College’s rules and policies and with federal and state laws including but not limited to copyright, trademark, Computer Fraud and Abuse Act which prohibits “hacking” and similar activities.
- Users are responsible for obtaining the necessary authorizations before using the institution’s computing resources.
- Users are responsible for any activity originating from their accounts. Accounts and passwords may not be used by persons other than those to whom they have been assigned by the Information Technology Department.
- Users must not use computing resources to gain unauthorized access to remote computers or to impair or damage the operations of Fletcher’s computers or networks, terminals or peripherals. This includes but is not limited to, blocking communication lines, intercepting or sniffing communications, and running, installing or sharing virus programs.
- Users shall not obtain or use another’s logon id or password, or otherwise access computing resources to which authorization has not been validly given.
- Users shall not copy, install or use any software, data files or other technology that violates a copyright or license agreement. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Users shall not monopolize or disproportionately use shared computing resources, overload systems or networks with endless loops interfere with others’ authorized use, degrade services or otherwise waste computer time, connection time, disk space, printer paper or similar resources.
- Users shall not modify or reconfigure any component of computing resources without proper FLETCHER authorization.
- Users shall not accept payments, discounts, free merchandise or services in exchange for any services provided through use of the computing resources.
- Users shall not endanger the security of any computing resources or attempt to circumvent any established security measures, such as using a computer program to attempt password decoding.
- Users shall not transmit personal comments or statements or post information to newsgroups or Usenet that may be mistaken as the position of FLETCHER.
- Users shall not utilize computing resources to develop, perform and/or perpetuate any unlawful act or to improperly disclose confidential information.
- Users shall not install, store or download software from the Internet or Email to FLETCHER computing resources unless such conduct is consistent with FLETCHER’s academic, educational, and administrative policies or otherwise properly approved by FLETCHER. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Users shall not copy, impair or remove any software located on any computing resources or install any software on any computing resources that impairs the function, operation and/or efficiency of any computing resources. Please reference LCTCS Policy #7.007
- Any user that has sensitive data located on a mobile device must encrypt this data for security purposes.
- Anyone granted access through FLETCHER’s Information Systems is deemed an employee or student for the purposes of this security statement and policy only.
- If you are unsure whether an action details a security violation, you should report it and discuss with Information Systems Personnel.
- Each employee and or student is responsible for the security of FLETCHER’s Information
- Each employee, student, or person accessing LCTCS’ or FLETCHER’s Information Systems is bound by the procedures, such as password and account logon procedures, detailed in the Security Policy.
- Each employee should lock his/her workstation by a form of screensaver password, or logout, when they are away from their workstation.
- Each employee should be aware of social engineering, the manipulation of employees to gain information for the purpose of perpetrating fraud or damage to the system.
- Each employee and/or student should be aware that LCTCS or FLETCHER personnel may monitor any and all activities without his/her direct consent or knowledge.
- Software inventory will be performed by the IT department annually in the month of January to ensure there is no unapproved software installed by users.
- User shall not transmit or participate in chain letters, hoaxes, scams, misguided warnings, pyramid schemes or any other fraudulent or unlawful schemes.
- Users shall not utilize computing resources, including the Internet and/or Email, to access, create, transmit, print or download material that is defamatory, obscene, fraudulent, harassing (including uninvited amorous or sexual messages), threatening, incites violence, or is offensive, such as slurs, epithets, or anything that may be construed as harassment or disparagement based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or religious or political beliefs or to access, send, receive, or solicit sexually oriented messages or images or any other communication prohibited by law or other directive.
- Users shall not send unsolicited mass mailings or “spamming.” Mass mailings to clearly identified groups for official purpose (for example, disseminating administrative announcements, notifying students of educational opportunities, or Fletcher organizations sending announcements to their members) are allowed.
Fletcher Technical Community College provides students with free wireless internet within the building for use with their personal computers. This wireless is unsecured and users are encouraged to use some type of encryption
Abuse of this policy:
The use of FLETCHER’s computing resources is a privilege, not a right. FLETCHER reviews and monitors its computing resources for compliance with policies, applicable laws and related directives, and discloses transactions to investigating authorities and others as warranted. Users should not have any expectation of privacy when using and storing information on FLETCHER’s computing resources, and FLETCHER specifically reserves the right to review and copy any data or other information stored on any computing resources, without notice to any User, by use of forensic computers or otherwise. Violations of this policy may result in penalties, such as terminating access to computing resources, FLETCHER disciplinary action, civil liability and/or criminal sanctions.
LCTCS and/or FLETCHER may monitor all usage of the Internet on or through computing resources and all other use of FLETCHER’s computing resources, including, without limitation, reviewing a list of any and all sites accessed by any User and all E-mails transmitted and/or received on any computing resources.
Proprietary Rights and Licenses:
Except as may specifically be agreed otherwise by FLETCHER, any and all software and materials contained on any FLETCHER computing resources is solely owned by FLETCHER, except to the extent that any such materials are licensed to FLETCHER by a third party vendor. Users are forbidden from taking any action that would be in violation of any standard license agreement for any software licensed to FLETCHER and contained on any FLETCHER computing resources, including without limitation, making any unauthorized copies of any such software. FLETCHER management adheres to the Security Policy & Software License Compliance Policy #7.007 for the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS) Information Systems.
Reference: LCTCS Software License Compliance Policy# 7.007
Click here to self-enroll in Security Awareness Training. Learn how to protect yourself from phishing attacks, scams, etc.
LOLA Office 365 Canvas
ConexED PCounter PCounter Balance
Bank Mobile Hawkes Library