Student Success Center
The Student Success Center (SSC) is committed to the Fletcher mission to prepare individuals for employment, career advancement and lifelong learning by providing a physical and virtual place on campus to assist students in seeking excellence in all facets of life, identifying and addressing areas of growth, and providing resources and tools to encourage development in all areas of personal and academic success.
Located in the Atrium area of the Schriever Campus, the SSC houses accommodated testing, advising, counseling, testing and tutoring services for all Fletcher students. Its focus is assisting students to successfully meet their academic goals while preparing them for transfer or the workforce.
The SSC houses three Success Coaches and the Director of Retention Services who all assist students with the following regarding their academic journey:
- Academic advising
The Success Coaches are impassioned, well-trained, knowledgeable professionals who are eager to assist students in whatever academic and/or career path they choose. The team does so via face-to-face walk-in visits and appointments, email, and phone meeting students’ needs in whatever manner necessary. Approximately 3 weeks into each semester, students are assigned a Success Coach or Faculty Advisor. Appointments with Success Coaches can be made through ACCUDEMIA except at designated Advising and Registration times during which all students are seen on a walk-in basis. Appointments can be booked from any computer or mobile device using ACCUDEMIA. Go to www.fletcher.edu/Falconnet/ and click on ACCUDEMIA.
A caring Licensed Professional Counselor is available for students, faculty and staff of the college. Students can make an appointment for counseling by visiting the Student Success Center or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons to make an appointment:
- Career Choice
- Time Management
- Test Anxiety
- Relationship Issues
Students needing accommodations are treated with the utmost respect and confidentiality. To assure services are in place in a timely manner, students should bring in documentation of their disability to the Student Success Center during the first week of school or any time thereafter. Online or off campus students can email their paperwork to Summer.Arcemont@fletcher.edu.
The following services are provided:
- Extended time on quizzes and exams
- Recorded lectures
- Calculators use
- Notes provided
- Preferential seating
- Distraction free testing area
The Fletcher Technical Community College Testing Center is the home of a comprehensive testing and assessment center designed to meet the needs of our students, community members, and business affiliates throughout the region. The Testing Center is located in Room 127-A at 1407 Highway 311, Schriever, LA 70395.
Fletcher Technical Community College offers the following testing opportunities:
- Accommodated Testing – Fletcher Students with Disabilities
- Accuplacer ATB
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- Microsoft Office Specialist
- Health Education Systems, Inc., Admission Assessment (HESI-A2)
- Louisiana State Licensing Board for Contractors
- National Board of Surgical Technology & Surgical Assisting
- National Institute for Metalworking Skills (NIMS)
- ParaPro Assessment
- Proctoring Services
- Psychological Services Bureau (PSB)
For more information, please visit the Testing page.
Tutoring Services are a vital part of a student’s college experience. Fletcher employs Bachelor and Master’s level professional tutors educated and trained in the disciplines in which they tutor. We also use an online academic learning center management software called ACCUDEMIA. This allows students to check-in at the tutoring site and book appointments for tutoring.
- Tutoring is a free service offered to all students enrolled in courses at Fletcher.
- Located in rooms 125 and 126, we have specialists in Math and English.
- Faculty members from every discipline also provide tutoring services in the Student Success Center.
- Online tutoring is offered through Adobe Connect for Math and English.
- Appointments can be booked from any computer or mobile device with our English Specialist using ACCUDEMIA. Go to www.fletcher.edu/falconnet/ then click on ACCUDEMIA.
English & Writing Lab/Study Center Hours (Room 126) & Math Tutoring Center Hours (Room 125)
Monday through Thursday: English/writing/study lab (room 126): 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Monday through Thursday: Math lab (room 125): 8:00 am – 4:30 pm