We are so glad you’re here! Fletcher Technical Community College’s Associate of Nursing Degree provides an accelerated and affordable avenue to your nursing career. Fletcher’s ASN can be completed in two years, which is great news if you are eager to begin your healthcare career.
The Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) at Fletcher Technical Community College is a five semester, 69 credit hour program. The program consists of two semesters of pre-requisite coursework. The prerequisite courses are offered face-to-face days, evenings, or online.
The clinical portion of the Associate of Science in Nursing degree consists of three semesters of full-time classroom instruction, service learning opportunities, and supervised clinical activities in accredited hospitals, nursing homes, and other healthcare agencies including the learning community at Fletcher Technical Community College. The program has full approval by the Louisiana State Board of Nursing. Upon graduation, the student is awarded an associate degree and is eligible to apply to take the licensure examination administered by the National Council of Licensure Examination (NCLEX-RN). It is important to understand that successful completion of the Associate of Science in Nursing degree does not guarantee eligibility to take the NCLEX-RN exam. The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) approved this program in 2015. ACEN can be contacted through their website, www.acenursing.org or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000.
All applications must be mailed and post marked by the due date of May 15.
Fletcher Technical Community College
Attn: Dept of Nursing and Allied Health
1407 Highway 311
Schriever, LA 70395
HAND DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED. EFFECTIVE MARCH 17, 2020.
Fletcher Technical Community College admits a new clinical class into the Associate of Science in Nursing program once a year, only in the fall semester. Specific clinical application and admission requirements can be found in the program’s current Admission Guide. Students must review the Admission Guide prior to applying to the program. Students are strongly encouraged to meet with their advisor before scheduling or withdrawing from courses. Please note:
- The following 23 hours of Fletcher Technical Community College’s Curriculum must be completed by the end of the spring semester: BIOL 1140, 1150, 1160, 1170, 2030 (11 credit hours); ENGL 1010, 1020 (6 credit hours); MATH 1000/1100 or MATH 1160/1170, MATH 2100 (6 credit hours); Only three of these courses can be repeated. Please see page 6 of the Admission Guide for details.
- Applicants must achieve a minimum 2.75 GPA in those courses. For more information regarding GPA requirements, see page 6 of the Fall 2020 Admission Guide.
- PSYC 2120 must be completed by the end of the summer semester.
- Humanities and Fine Arts electives must be completed prior to graduation. Completion of these courses is recommended prior to clinical.
- All courses in the ASN curriculum must be completed with a minimum grade of “C.”
- A minimum score of 75% is required in the following sections of the Health Education System, Inc. (HESI) Admissions Assessment Test (A2): Anatomy/Physiology, Reading, Math, Grammar and Vocabulary.
- Admissions into the ASN program is based on GPA and HESI A2 scores. Seating is limited to 20 – 24 students each fall. A student’s eligibility to apply is not a guarantee of acceptance into the clinical component of the ASN Program. Fletcher Technical Community College does not maintain a waiting list. Applicants who are not admitted are welcome to reapply to the program the following year.
To apply to the Associates of Science in Nursing program, please follow the instructions in the Admissions Guide.
Nursing & Allied Health