This course is for Licensed Practical Nurses (LPN) who have been out of practice longer than 4 years or those who have let their license expire. Students should contact LSBPNE prior to enrolling. The course is self-paced, online and covers all topics of the LPN in Louisiana including law, nursing process, documentation, infection control, pharmacology, basic and advanced skills, geriatrics, medical surgical, obstetrics, and pediatric nursing. The course consists of eleven modules with an exam for each. Successful completion of the course must occur with an 80% or better before a temporary permit can be obtained.
This course is designed for Licensed Practical Nurses desiring certification in IV therapy. The implications for Intravenous therapy (IV Therapy) including equipment/devices used, anatomy/physiology, methods and techniques, infection control measures, safety, complications, and related issues are covered. The role of the practical nurse related to legal and ethical consideration of intravenous therapy and supervised lab performance are integral parts of this course. The course is a 30 hour online course followed by on–site hand-on skills testing. On-hands can be conducted at your facility or at Fletcher.
Preparatory class for students to be ready to take the test for certification. Prior to registering for this class the student must first complete the online program offered through AHA at http://www.onlineaha.org/
Instructor Led Courses (ILC)
Lifelong Learning courses are affordable, fun, fast, convenient, easy to use, and lead by an expert instructor. New sessions start monthly and are in six week formats with lessons released on Wednesday and Friday of each week.
- Comprehensive online course in a convenient six-week format
- Expert instructors lead each course
- Engaging student discussion areas
- New sessions starting monthly
- Confirmation of completion awarded with passing score
Career Training Programs (CTP)
Our Career Training Programs are designed by a team of professionals from each respective field, who work to provide the student with effective web-based learning experiences.
- Learn in-demand skills recognized by employers
- Many courses prepare student for a national certification
- Start anytime – work at your own pace and complete in 3 to 6 months and up to a year
- Textbooks and learning materials are included
- Support offered via phone, email, or live chat 7 days a week
- Expert instructor assistance provided
- Career Counselors are provided