As a whole, Fletcher Technical Community College is dedicated to providing students with the highest quality of services and academic opportunities. One of the most important relationships a student develops while in college is the one with his or her academic advisor. Advising services are coordinated through the Office of Student Services and each student is assigned an advisor based on a chosen major. Faculty members from each discipline, as well as the Director of Counseling and Advising serve as academic advisors for our student population.
You can find out who your personal academic advisor is through your LOLA account under ADVISOR. If you do not have an advisor listed, please contact Ms. Angie Pitre Pellegrin, our Director of Counseling and Advising. If you are unsure of what you want to choose as a major or what career path you want to take, we offer one-on-one career and academic counseling services to all of our students through our Director of Counseling and Advising who is also our on-staff counselor.
There are things you can do to make your academic advising sessions most productive:
1. Use our website to print out your curriculum guide for your chosen major.
2. Use the bulletin to choose the course schedule you would like for the coming semester. You can also use the LOOK UP CLASSES feature in LOLA to check for class availability.
3. Write down the course name, section letter and time the course is offered.
4. Pay attention to dates and times when advising is taking place.
5. Make an appt as soon as possible with your advisor.
6. Keep your appointment and be prompt, most advisors are faculty members with busy schedules.
"Good advising may be the single most underestimated characteristic of a successful college experience." -- Light, R.J., Making the Most of College
ATTENTION ONLINE LEARNERS: Your academic advisor is listed in your LOLA account under ADVISOR. This assignment is made each semester approximately one month into the semester. If you interested in taking online courses only and have questions or concerns regarding online learning please email our Academic Advisor or call at 985-448-7942.
CLICK HERE TO ACCESS THE ADVISING CENTER. THE ADVISING CENTER WILL ASSIST YOU WITH THE ADVISING/REGISTRATION PROCESS FOR THE CURRENT SEMESTER. YOU MAY ALSO ACCESS THE ADVISING CENTER BY GOING TO www.fletcher.edu/advisingcenter.