Human Resources is responsible for a variety of functions and services including recruitment, employment, compensation, benefits, training and employee relations.
The mission of the Human Resources Department at Fletcher Technical Community College is to create an atmosphere of knowledge and understanding of the varied human resources processes to staff and members of the community.
The vision of the Human Resources Department is to provide an array of clear, concise information that will enable staff and members of the community to have a better understanding of our services.
Values & Goals
- Committed to establishing and maintaining positive working relationships with all college employees.
- Provide services that support the college by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such.
- Provide a full range of centralized, comprehensive human resources management services for the employees of the college and to assist the college in attracting and retaining qualified employees.
- Help administration determine appropriate and permissible courses of action to achieve operational outcomes.
- Committed to working strategically with the college’s administration and staff in identifying and responding to its changing needs.
- Resource for the college that impacts and promotes equity and fair human relations throughout the organization.
We affirm the following business principles:
- Employees and applicants should be treated with respect.
- Employees and applicants should be treated fairly.
- Employees and applicants should receive quality customer service.
- Human Resources staff will strive to maintain a high standard of performance and proficiency in providing services to employees and applicants.